[hackerspaces] Hackerspace Bloggers/Community Managers/Marketing People?

Bert Hartmann berthartm at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:30:54 CEST 2012

For us at MakerBar, we've found Meetup to be a great publicity tool for
events. It does a good job of spamming the right people in the general
public as well as prodding people who've said they're interested at the
right time. It may be a regional thing though, as I know they have pretty
good penetration in our area, but may not everywhere.

As for encouraging membership, I can't say what works. We just try to talk
to the people who show up to our events.

Bert