[hackerspaces] re hackerspace kid education

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Sun May 13 23:08:58 CEST 2012

In the 'hackers could raise $10mil' thread

William MacFarland posted a really good, looong post
   http://lists.hackerspaces.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-May/006059.html

Basically he say (and I agree) the focus of any new funding org should be the collection and promotion of the course materials... giving out funds to people who actually document and share.  And getting various organizations (hackerspaces, scouting, B&G clubs, after school orgs etc) to be aware and use the resource -- improving it through active use.

We dont need $10mil for this, but some money could certainly help with motivating people to document and share their classes, publicly.

We have a place in the hackerspace.org wiki for collecting links.  I encourage people to add to:
   http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Education

Jerry Isdale
isdale at gmail.com