[hackerspaces] Repair Cafes - A great idea for hackerspaces

Simon Clark simon at zebraspot.com
Wed May 9 21:35:24 CEST 2012

We've been doing this for almost a year now, Five-Dollar-Fix-It-Fridays. We exclude computers, medical and safety equipment, and we make you help.  It's fun, but advertising it is hard. You don't want to be flooded, as you may only have time to help just a few people, but then you often end up with no-one.

We settled on making it at a time when people were likely to be in doing stuff anyway, so if no-one shows, then you get to work on your own stuff.

On 2012-05-09, at 1:57 PM, Buddy Smith wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/world/europe/amsterdam-tries-to-change-culture-with-repair-cafes.html?_r=1
>
> When I saw this, I immediately thought that we should begin discussing it.

Simon Clark - Diyode Community Workshop
AIM:siatdfi, Skype:zebraspot, Twitter:diyode
71 Wyndham St. S, Unit B, N1E 5R3, Guelph, Ontario
+1 (519) 822-6788