[hackerspaces] Do-ocracy at 140 members?

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:10:24 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM,  <quemener.yves at free.fr> wrote:
> I thought that the main idea behind do-ocracy is that people who "do",
> have the power. Protest is cheap, action is what is favored. So people
> who are ready to paint the bikeshed get to choose the color.

I think the key point in this hypothetical is that the bikeshed
doesn't actually need to be painted. My former local hackerspace had a
problem with art on the walls. The Do-ers were just Do-ing, but other
people argued their work was actually making the space look worse (to
newcomers) because of how amateur or juvenile it was.