[hackerspaces] tv show pitches

Lisha Sterling lishevita at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 01:57:05 CET 2012

At Mothership HackerMoms I don't think that we've ever had any TV, but
whenever we've had press of any kind, all members are told about it in
advance and have the choice to come or not come during the time that the
press will be around.

- Lisha

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM, justin corwin <outlawpoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> At Crashspace most TV stuff has been offsite, we let any members of
> crashspace present themselves as such, but represent themselves as
> individuals otherwise. Other than official "hackerspace" branded events,
> we've never collectively entered into any tv stuff. I suspect we'd require
> consensus before we allowed onsite branded filming of that kind, just like
> nycr.
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
>
>> nycr has basically said that any filming occurring at the space
>> requires that full consensus is achieved.  but has said that if
>> members want to participate in something off site that's their own
>> business.
>>
>> it makes sense to me.
>>
>> -matt
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM, strages <strages at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Have any other spaces had to deal with some but not all individuals of a
>> > membership wanting to participate in these tv show pitches?  I'm
>> interested
>> > in hearing how the situation was dealt with.
>>

> --
> Justin Corwin
> outlawpoet at gmail.com
> http://outlawpoet.tumblr.com
> http://www.adaptiveai.com

http://www.alwayssababa.com/

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are
making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things,
learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.
You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're
Doing Something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish
for myself.
Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's
ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good
enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or
family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it. Make your
mistakes, next year and forever." *~Neil Gaiman*