[hackerspaces] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Matthew Dumas matthew.dumas at ripplecomputing.com
Wed Apr 4 02:03:42 CEST 2012

Maybe it's me, but I don't see very much to discuss. Mitch doesn't want to
deal with people that deal with the military, and that's fine. Other people
do, and that's also fine.

The only problem I see is that people are offended and upset by Make doing
what businesses do. Make has never said that they are not out to make
money, they are not a non-profit (not that it matters), and they are, in
the process of taking money, educating children. If you are really against
the education of children because it is sponsored by the government, then
you should be against all public schools. Don't hold a double standard, the
government is pumping billions into the school system in efforts to churn
out the kind of adults they think will be productive, the DARPA funds are
just a small part of that.

*My point is that Make never promised you anything, so don't act like they
betrayed you.*