[hackerspaces] Unified Open Source / Open Development dashboard for projects

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Oct 10 18:27:38 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 06:04:56PM +0300, Jarkko Moilanen wrote:
> This is not exactly about hackerspaces, but more like about open
> source stuff, but I take the risk to be labelled as spammer.
>
> We (just a few devs and bunch of academics) have been cooking an
> idea of unified open source / open development dashboard.
>
> Here's some more information about the idea: http://blog.ossoil.com/2011/10/10/unified-universal-open-source-dashboard/
>
> I did post link to this blog entry at some IRC channels and other
> mailing lists to get people involved. Would love to hear any
> feedback about it from your eyes.

  AIUI, your aim could be summed up as "open source project data
collection, aggregation and presentation in a stream-like interface
and various other views"? I.e. no hosting of any actual data? And
this would be automatic and in theory need not involvement of any
of the developers? Would any part of it be actually editable? Just
the "social metadata" or some hard data too?

  (I admit I did not read the whole blogpost. You need a short and sweet
and clear summary not using the word "dashboard". :-)

  Have you investigated the alternatives? What about Ohloh? It's kind
of silly that Ohloh itself is closed-source, but at least you should be
able to make use of Ohcount and OhlohSCM. There is also the CIA
(http://cia.vc/) which can be used for realtime commit tracking of many
projects.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis