[hackerspaces] [Noisebridge-discuss] Please reach out

Mars brown itcamefrommars at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 08:23:52 CET 2011

Im glad to see the mention of sleep and sunlight.
Remember that we are critters that have evolved for whatever reason to be
awake during light hours and sleep during night.
Our melatonin/serotonin cycle depends directly on our light sensors for the
triggering mechanisms of when to start production of what.
Our light sensors being our retinas and our skin (for uv light) btw.

How many people here understand/know the absurdly important importance of
the serotonin/melatonin cycle stability?
We were naturally timed by the sunrise and sunset before the edison/tesla
wars.  (light bulb)

Seriously... if you are having some serotonin issues... force yourself to
sit outside with as much skin exposed and no sunglasses early and often.
messed up.

If you are vegan/veggie... eat soy so that you can get in some tryptophan
in case you are missing it in your diet.
Tryptophans are what serotonins are made from.  Not to mention - serotonin
is mostly in your belly and volume wise used more in digestion... so it can
assist alot of GI issues also to eat good trypto rich food.

I'm no expert at all but please read up on serotonin/melotonin cycles... it
should be required in all high schools.