[hackerspaces] Presentation/Workshop Configuration(s)

Jan Lieven jan at das-labor.org
Mon Nov 21 13:24:29 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:09:26 -0500
Greg McGuire <greg at nesit.org> wrote:

> So basically, how is your space set up for presentations? Is there a
> dedicated presentation computer? Is there a way a speaker cab plug
> their machine into the projector easily?
We got an old vga beamer (1024x786) from the University and mounted it
to the ceiling.

> How is it connected to the projector? Via a computer, second
> projector input, or do you have a switcher of some sort?
There is just the vga cable from the beamer to a desk, which on talk
days is reserved for the speaker.

>Is there a camera shot to show the person giving the talk?
One of our members lends us his HD camera so we can record the slides
or the whiteboard if the speaker writes something on it.
A second camera is being discussed so we can record the slides and the
speaker separate and merge the images together like this:
|   slides  | spk |
|           +-----+