[hackerspaces] Geeks & Depression meetup (in San Francisco)

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:59:09 CET 2011

Geeks & Depression meetup
Tuesday, 6-December, 7:30pm
No Starch Press, 38 Ringold Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
(near Civic Center BART Station)

Let's have a meetup where geeks can talk about depression and suicide. You are not alone. Share your story, if you like. Share a friend's story. Or just hang out and listen. Let's make it OK to talk about these things so that we don't feel so alone with our feelings of being alone and depressed or suicidal.

This is not a support group -- none of us are trained professionals, but we can get together in a safe, confidential space to talk about depression and suicide -- an important part of life for so many of us geeks.

If others feel like having similar meetups elsewhere in the world, please do. Mitch.