[hackerspaces] Webcam setups, for security and community?

Charlie X Wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Fri Nov 4 19:47:19 CET 2011

A lot of usb cameras don't work on active extension cables, we've been
trying various cameras on our pick and place machine and I use an active
cable for development, half the cameras appear as a device but don't
transfer video.

There are a bunch of waterproof usb bullet cameras. most of them are low
res/quality

ebay as always is a good source

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Wifi-IP-Camera-Double-way-Audio-LED-Pan-Til-Swift-Motion-Night-Vision-/200667499089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb8b70a51