[hackerspaces] bitcoin

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:07:07 CEST 2011

My $0.02,

First, am still crying myself to sleep over leaving the gold standard. :p

 It seems like another case of X-scientist thinking they've solved
some wicked complex problem outside of their field. Yes,  that happens
and it's awesome, but more often than not the geeks have misunderstood
the core problem, or use a model that breaks down when put into
practice.  This seems a lot like buying tulip bulbs.

When my economist friends start ranting about how cool it is, rather
than just libertarian/geek friends, I'll be a bit more interested.

hack on,
- Far