[hackerspaces] CC-licensed Maker Pedagogy (Lesson Plans, etc)?

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Mon May 23 07:14:23 CEST 2011

I think the time is coming for this idea - its popping up in several places.
Today there was another panel at maker faire on "Hackerspaces: future of education" hosted by the folks from schoolfactory.org   that partially answered my question - there are people working on getting shared teaching resources by/for hackerspaces.  Lets keep it going!

One discussion in the after-faire dinner mentioned the issues of classes at spaces, a lesson from Noisebridge... much of the teacher learning is passed by oral tradition.  As one teacher has developed a class, they pass it along to another (at same or different space) via face2face meetings and talking.  A distributed system makes that a lot harder.  Meetups will be important in the future for this.  Maybe some of the hackerspace meetups will have teacher sharing tracks/time.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com