[hackerspaces] CC-licensed Maker Pedagogy (Lesson Plans, etc)?

Marc Juul marcjc at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:15:01 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Jerry Isdale <isdale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone done or seen such works out on the web?

> Where are the open source class materials, with teacher manuals and support forums, for teaching various aspects of Maker/Hacker activities?

I think the answer is that they're spread over many different sites.

We (a small group from the Labitat hackerspace and the Institute for
Informatics and Mathematical Modeling at the Technical University of
Denmark) are working on something called the Universal Primer. It's in
the early stages right now, but it will be a platform both for live
teaching and for sharing teaching materials. We're focusing on video,
text and images right now. The idea is to let people browse the
material by organizing it using a crowd-sourced loose dependency
system, such that the system will suggest what you might need to learn
before learning a subject, and related  subjects. We'll be presenting
what we have so far at the CDIO conference [0] this summer, and we're
looking for funding in order to have a couple of full-time programmers
working on this in the fall. The first thing we'll have ready for the
public will be the live lecture software, which I'm hoping to test at
CCCamp this summer.

[0] http://www.cdio2011.dtu.dk/

--
Marc Juul