[hackerspaces] pay-what-you-can

Matt lehner mlehner at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:05:02 CEST 2011

At Buffalo Lab we have a very low minimum payment ($20 /month)
supplemented by required work hours. Work hours being things to
improve the space: running a SIG group, working on a community
project, cleaning, building, etc. We also have a $60/month membership
that is not required to do the extra work hours. We encourage everyone
to pay as much as they can in excess of the $20 and about half of the
members pay more, in the range of $25 - $50/month. Between that and
donations solicited from SIG attendees we make our expenses.