[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

John de Largentaye john at largentaye.org
Thu May 5 22:54:39 CEST 2011

Hey,

I understand that you feel threatened that a commercial entity with
different objectives is sucking potential members away from your
'space, and advertising itself as a "hackerspace" in a way that
conflicts with your understanding of the word.

But instead as seeing them as imposters and a threat, don't you think
that their different objective can make them a complementary space to
Freeside Atlanta? Why don't you go up to see them, talk to the people
there, and cross-pollinate? You'll probably meet some more prospective
members there :)

Better to collaborate than to compete!