[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

Peter Kuhm peter at null.priv.at
Thu May 5 21:13:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 5 May 2011 11:42:06 -0400 Buddy Smith wrote:

> Ignition Alley in atlanta is a commercial Co-working space. It is not
> a hackerspace in any sense of the word.
>
> How do I go about removing it from the list of hackerspaces?

I've reverted the de facto deletion and put a quite prominent placed
note on the page instead -> http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Ignition_Alley

(although I personally prefer the non-commercial community-run approach)

> Should there be a new category for commercial spaces, like fab labs,
> tech shops, coworking spaces, and tech company incubators, separate
> from hackerspaces?

As this thread shows it's not so easy to draw sharp boundaries and I
think it's not worth the effort. I don't find the list is overflowed
with entries yet.

cheers,
Peter