[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Thu May 5 18:05:38 CEST 2011

On 5 May 2011 16:51, Yves Quemener <quemener.yves at free.fr> wrote:
> I think the number of items in the list makes it sensible to categorize the
> entries a bit. But the definition of "hackerspace" is subject to much
> debate, I suggest finding more objective criterions (e.g. legal status,
> membership fee, external revenues). It is not perfect, but it would make
> more sense IMHO.

I personally think the definition of hackerspace is *members-run*, and
that we should be filtering by that. (I'd be interested to see if
there are any hackerspaces which aren't members-run.)

I agree that perhaps the best way to do this would be to have a number
of attributes to filter hackerspaces by, so we don't have to keep
deleting spaces which don't meet the criteria.

--
Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk