[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

Spike spike at wolfplex.org
Thu May 5 18:00:28 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Yves Quemener <quemener.yves at free.fr> wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 05:42 PM, Buddy Smith wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Ignition Alley in atlanta is a commercial Co-working space. It is not
>> a hackerspace in any sense of the word.
> (...)
> I think that what really makes a hackerspace is a sense of community around
> tech projects. It is very hard to define and to check. My suggestion would
> be to let anyone add a place in the list, but please comment on the pages
> you think are bogus.

Hu hu, according http://www.ignitionalley.com/faq it's exactly how
Ignition Alley is described: #community and #tech

So, Buddy, according the Yves definition, "in any sense of the word"
becomes "in every sense of the definition"...

Good luck to get a good definition.

On another hand, every people reading the page could decide by himself
if it's or not an hackerspace according his own expectations. Clean
the list isn't an huge priority.

--
Spike @ Wolfplex Hackerspace
http://www.wolfplex.org/