[hackerspaces] Open letter to Anonymous (please distribute)

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Sun Jun 12 23:45:45 CEST 2011

On 06/12/2011 12:14 PM, Jaromil wrote:
> at last, my strategic opinion right now is that Anonymous gets rid of
> the criminalization bits and wears the gentlemen clothes before the
> shit hits the fan. we are setting the foundation for a *long term*
> game we should all play within society and we can all take advantage
> of our agility and understanding *for the rest of our free lives*.

Anonymous is the default faceless garment of the internet crowd. If you
want to give it a face, make a groupe and make rules, and see how many
come, but by definition, anonymous can have no rule.

If you want a more political and legalist face, why don't you joint a
pirate party ? I tried for a while and really regretted the lack of hackers
in this movement in France. The PP-se has demonstrated that with 9% of
votes and 2 members of the European parliament, a fair dose of lulz can be
had. They host the Pirate Bay and wikileaks, covering them with their
parliamentary immunity. The PP-de does around 2% in Germany, holds some
municipal seats.

If you don't like the guys that break the laws but find the laws are bad,
why not join the people who try to change the laws ? If your local
representation sucks, there is still the pp-international that helps them
coordinate themselves, and there are still tons of tools to be developed or
improved to help them strive.

Iv