[hackerspaces] are we creating a political discussion list?

Justis Peters justis.peters at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:12:39 CET 2011

On the first thread where discussions of DoD and DARPA turned into
dozens of participants, we were told to "shut up and hack" by some folks
who thought it was noise. A few people suggested that we get our own list.

Are we going to create that discussion list or are we going to continue
turning this list into a political discussion list?

I think that these discussions are highly relevant to the business of
running a hackerspace, but I do not think that so strongly that I would
want to lose a bunch of subscribers. Conversation that is inclusive of
everyone is sometimes more important than conversation that is inclusive
of every topic.

Kind regards,
Justis