[hackerspaces] iGeigies

Sean Bonner sean at seanbonner.com
Fri Apr 29 19:42:24 CEST 2011

Hey folks!
You may have heard rumors about this iPhone geiger counter being worked on
at the Tokyo Hackerspace and Crash Space in Los Angeles. We've been calling
them iGeigies:

http://igeigie.com

http://www.flickr.com/groups/igeigie/pool/with/5624027674/

<http://www.flickr.com/groups/igeigie/pool/with/5624027674/>It's actually
being designed (PCB shortly) as a fund raiser for Safecast.org - we're going
to make them and sell them two ways:

1 - from the website we'll only sell limited edition VERY EXPENSIVE ones
that are obviously for donations to a good cause.

2 - as a semi complete kit (missing a few easy to get parts) to hackerspaces
only.

The deal with hackerspaces will be, we'll list them on the site as a local
(or sort of local) place to get them. Hackerspaces can sell them as the kit,
or build them and sell as complete. We'll give a suggested markup, but final
price will be up to each hackerspace BUT they have to agree to donate 50% of
the markup to Safecast.org

Thats kind of the plan at the moment. Thoughts? Ideas? Interest?

-s

--
Sean Bonner
Assorted Troublemakings