[hackerspaces] What cool tech are you working on? (was Hackerspaces Manual)

Donald J Ankney dankney at hackerco.de
Wed Apr 6 03:02:37 CEST 2011

It's definitely very cool.

Looking at the Velodyne specs, how does working with a Kinect compare to the much higher resolution Velodyne? Considering how cheap an available the Kinect is, does it really fill the need that the laser-drive, and I assume higher resolution, specialty device?

I've been thinking recently that once the Kinect SDK hits, it might be an interesting pairing with the Microsoft Robotics Studio.