[hackerspaces] What cool tech are you working on? (was Hackerspaces Manual)

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Tue Apr 5 23:29:33 CEST 2011

On 04/05/2011 10:09 PM, Don Ankney wrote:
> I know that PMs and MBAs need love too,

Who said that ?
</rant>

> I think it's time to change the thread and have an "engineering chaser."
>
> What cool, new stuff are you working on?

Not new anymore and less cool than the Velodyne HDL-64 I used to be paid to
work with, I'm trying to make a kinect interface for displaying the
gapminder dataset : http://vimeo.com/20985345

Wish I had more time to tinker with bitcoins which I discovered recently
(well I first heard about one year ago but only took it seriously
recently). This is the coolest new tech I have seen lately. They consider
making a protocol to use the same underlying principles for anything that
would benefit from a decentralization of the task of maintaining a register
(like DNS for instance). Really nifty. If you don't know what bitcoin is or
dismissed it like I did one year ago because it looked like a pyramidal
scheme, look again. It really is a nice project that could really fit in
the loose hackerspace nebula.

Iv