[hackerspaces] Member Polices/Agreements

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Mon Oct 4 20:32:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:58:57AM -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
> NYCR has no leaders btw.  No central committee, politburo, or triumverate of
> hack.  It's generally not necessary.  People tend to be pretty good about
> stuff.  I don't understand why anyone would want leaders.  It's silly.
> Personally I find it to be counter productive.

I so agree, even though at revspace we have a board. That's just because
because we need a foudation so sign leases and silly stuff like that. But
even then, some people sometimes look up to the board for decisions. I
usually try to make them understand that they should make the decisions.
But it seems to be rigidly engrained in some people that there needs to
be a hierarchy.. It surprises me every time though. And it's hard to
beat that out of people :)

Gr,

Koen (gmc)