[hackerspaces] Cleaning up the wiki "list of hackerspaces"

Lokkju Brennr lokkju at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:47:48 CET 2010

Just my opinion here, but...

"Planned" means there are some people interested, even if only one
person, in creating a new space.  they could be coming up with a name,
thinking about goals, etc - but they are not actively pursuing a
physical space at this point.

"Building" means they are actively looking for people to help them
start a space, are looking for a location, have some idea of a name,
and some idea what their objectives will be with their new space.
This phase also commonly collecting money to help open the space.

Active means a physical space (even if it is someone's garage) with
defined times when members can use it (commonly 24/7, but even
weekend-only spaces could be considered active).  The big thing here
is that it *exists*, and is someplace people can actually go.

Loki // brainsilo.org