[hackerspaces] Renaming a Space

David Powell davepow16 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:13:38 CET 2010

We have been known as Harford Hackerspace since January 2009. The problem is
that we operate out of Baltimore County, MD. When I started the space I
lived in Harford but 8 of 10 of our members are from Baltimore so we decided
it would be best to establish the space there.

It has resulted in potential members not even looking at our space. It's
amazing how many people eventually do find us and let us know that had they
know we were in Baltimore they would come more often and participate in more
of our events. So it's time to change our name.

Please give us some suggestions. We are a well established hackerspace and
we would really like to expand. We are a well rounded group with experts in
Software and Hardware. We tend to do more hardware. Another hackerspace is
located in Baltimore City and they go by the name Baltimore Node.

Let me know if you need more information in order to make suggestions that
fit our group. You can always check out our website at
www.harfordhackerspace.org to see what we do.

Thank you
David Powell