[hackerspaces] Renaming a Space

Nate Bezanson myself at telcodata.us
Mon Nov 22 22:50:00 CET 2010

Well, since The Detroit Facility was a flop and eventually supplanted by
i3Detroit, I figure it's time to give the name another chance at life.
I'll suggest The Baltimore Facility.

Some of our early logo ideas:
http://wiki.detroitfacility.org/index.php/Logo

Lately I've been keeping a list of interesting potential space names that
bubble into my head. I only started writing them down last week, but so
far I have:

Opposable Thumbs Studio, or just Opposable Thumbs

New Make City

Sufficiently Advanced

Tinkergarden

Silicon Studio

Silicon and Steel

Make It So

Blinkenmore (just for you!)

It's hard to admit that your existing name isn't right, and even harder to
abandon the branding/advertising/reputation-building you've done thus far.
But I think it's the right thing to do in the long run, if you can find a
new name that really does work substantially better.

Good luck!
-Nate-