[hackerspaces] Fwd: [austin-hacker-space] Defcon Talk

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Mon Mar 29 20:57:47 CEST 2010

While I agree that the "how to start" topic has been done, I still believe
there should be some kind of Hackerspaces talk at DefCon.  Inspiration comes
in many forms, and it seems there's a lot of places out there that might
need a boost of inspiration.

Remember, a lot of people from the *same town* end up meeting at talks at
conferences and get the ball rolling from there.

In terms of evolving, what kind of a presentation would appeal to both those
involved in an active space an looking to build one?  Would it be valuable
to give a panel discussion on the incredibly great things hackerspaces have
spawned and the role they hold in the future of the overall global hacker
community?

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org / 8B13F204
Washington, DC, 20013-1208
P: +1 (707) 676-FARR