[hackerspaces] Does a space need water?

Ben Brown ben at kwartzlab.ca
Fri Mar 19 02:57:29 CET 2010

We've found that having a bathroom and water in the space is a godsend.
The building we're in has shared washrooms (in various states of
disrepair) but we use a fair amount of water (cleaning, coffee,
drinking, etc). We don't have an in-line water heater but the
kettle/microwave works well enough for our purposes.

When it comes down to it, cleaning a bathroom really only takes 10
minutes a week to do so as long as it's not the same people getting
stuck doing it (we have a weekly cleaning roster that cycles through all
the members), the usability of in-space plumbing far outweighs the work
required to clean it.

Cheers,
Ben