[hackerspaces] Children in hackerspaces.

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Wed Jan 27 11:51:35 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 03:22:47PM -0500, Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) wrote:
> That this conversation ended this way signals to me that Hackerspaces
> have peaked, and that it's all downhill from here.

Hah, don't overgeneralise.. So there's two or three spaces that are
scared of the legalities, there's dozens more that haven't complained
about anything, and in fact at least two hackerspaces i know of actively
seek out participation by kids!

In fact, it is one of the things I hope to develop here at revspace as
well: soldering classes for kids and stuff like that. I'm not sure how
to go about this though, but i'm sure i can learn a lot from syn2cat
or Mitch Altman here!

Gr,

Koen