[hackerspaces] Children in hackerspaces.

Sean Bonner sean at seanbonner.com
Tue Jan 26 21:25:51 CET 2010

We allow kids in Crash Space as long as they are with a parent and are
supervised, and the parents take responsibility.

Done.

-s

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org)
<nick at hackerspaces.org> wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1) How old were you when you got involved in hacking?
> 2) How many of you actually have kids?
>
> I'm guessing that most of you were somehow hacking on something well
> before you turned 18.  I'm also guessing most of you don't have kids.
>
> That we're sacrificing not only the future of Hacking in general, but
> THE FUTURE for *insurance reasons* strikes me as a horrendous FAIL.
> This is the same kind of thinking that led people to believe it was
> far too risky to build a Hackerspace at all.
>
> Can we perhaps have a discussion of ways we could possibly accommodate
> kids, of perhaps engaging our communities, parents, and others younger
> than we who could benefit from the Hackerspaces?  Could we point at
> some success stories?
>
> That this conversation ended this way signals to me that Hackerspaces
> have peaked, and that it's all downhill from here.
>
> Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org / 8B13F204
> Washington, DC, 20013-1208
> P: +1 (707) 676-FARR
> F: +1 (866) 536-2616
>

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 14:20, webmind <webmind at puscii.nl> wrote:

Sean Bonner
http://www.seanbonner.com - homebase
http://www.metblogs.com - get local
Unless agreed upon, assume everything in this e-mail might be blogged.
Sent from Los Angeles, CA, United States