[hackerspaces] Children in hackerspaces.

Stefan Arentz stefan at arentz.ca
Wed Jan 27 13:30:06 CET 2010

On 2010-01-27, at 5:51 AM, Koen Martens wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 03:22:47PM -0500, Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) wrote:
>> That this conversation ended this way signals to me that Hackerspaces
>> have peaked, and that it's all downhill from here.
>
> Hah, don't overgeneralise.. So there's two or three spaces that are
> scared of the legalities

It really does not have much to do with being 'scared'. More with common sense. Having to put some basics in place like insurance, waivers or even bylaws does not mean that your space is doomed. On the contrary. It probably makes sure that your space will be able to exist for a much longer time if unexpected things happen.

 S.