[hackerspaces] Children in hackerspaces.

jur1st jur1st at cowtowncomputercongress.org
Mon Jan 25 15:25:42 CET 2010

Our memberships apply to households and if a kid isn't of legal age to enter into a contract their parents must sign on their behalf.

Parents (that would be involved in hackerspaces) aren't stupid and even with our new CNC machine, we don't have anything down there more dangerous than what you might find in a high school shop class or down at the vo-tec.

For what it's worth, our insurance provider didn't specifically ask about minors using the facility.

- jur1st