[hackerspaces] Inter-Hackerspace Cooperation and Membership

Deech deech at ninjacow.net
Fri Jan 8 02:26:02 CET 2010

No, I don't think anyone has ever been denied access.

This isn't about really enabling access, I think that's sort of
already there. I think it's more about sort of "officially" saying,
"Hey! You're welcome here! We accept you as one of our own! Gooble
Gobble" secret handshakes all around and that sort of thing.

There's a lot of unspoken friendly, and that's great. I just wanted to
bring it out in the open and make it spoken friendly.
Know what I mean? :)

 I think there's a certain type of people in the community
that grok the openness of it. OTOH, I think there are a certain type
of people that need a written invitation to understand they are
welcome.

That's why I started this conversation.

Also, it'd be cool to put a list on the website and say something to
the effect of "These are our family! Membership here gains you
membership there." But I wouldn't want to presume to say that unless
that group has specifically agreed to that.

-Deech