[hackerspaces] Inter-Hackerspace Cooperation and Membership

Paul Bohm paul at boehm.org
Fri Jan 8 03:55:55 CET 2010

honestly, i personally grok the implicitness of the structures within
and around these spaces.

for a while i was in the "let's create a formal hs.org organization
and do stuff, we could achieve so much more" camp, but talking to ppl
i realized that the [imho] coolest hackerspaces have the least rules
and formal structures, and are guided mostly by the values encoded
within their group/community and social feedback.

i now think the same is true of hackerspaces.org and
inter-hackerspaces relations: as little structure as possible, and
mostly just shared values, feedback and respect and friendship earned
through action.

so in summary, i think formalizing this would fall under the
don't-fix-what-ain't-broken rule, but don't let that discourage you
from giving it a try!

enki