[hackerspaces] hackerspace awards

Adam D Bachman adam.bachman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:52:40 CET 2010

> Do any hackerspaces already have any type of internal competitions?

We've recently started discussing a monthly award / grant along the lines of
The Awesome Foundation's (http://awesomefoundation.org/) grants. We're still
trying to sort out how it will work in regards to members, voting, amounts,
and projects, but I think we'll get to it within the month.

The goal is to use some of our buffer to fund projects among the membership,
which will hopefully lead to increased participation, increased attention,
increased awesome, and eventually more members (which means more $$ for
future grants).

There's also this guy:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimoremomblog/2010/02/the_firebreathing_snowman_of_b.html,
who isn't a member (yet), but is local, and we've determined deserves at
least some kind of recognition for being awesome.

- Adam