[hackerspaces] gmc's tour of US hackerspaces (was Re: Hippie Hacker Tour 010)

Matthew McCabe matt at mrmccabe.com
Wed Aug 18 17:38:11 CEST 2010

You will almost always need to pay a fee to stay in a camp ground in
any forest, national park, etc.  Looks like you can reserve a spot
through this website: http://www.recreation.gov/ (a very good idea
especially for busier camp grounds).

Bears are usually not a problem unless you are in an area with
Grizzlies (ex. Alaska).  Black bears are afraid of people and, at
worst, may check out your camp site if you leave food out.  The
particular park will let you know if you need to securely store your
food away from bears.  And generally most people who camp are friendly
and there to enjoy the scenery as much as your are.  The
crazies/killers are rare, lol.

On a completely different note, what is up with the laundry list of
links at the end of your e-mail, Stewart?  Working on your SEO? ;)

-Matt