[hackerspaces] gmc's tour of US hackerspaces (was Re: Hippie Hacker Tour 010)

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Wed Aug 18 15:21:47 CEST 2010

  On 8/18/10 7:11 AM, Koen Martens wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 08:47:33PM -0700, Don Ankney wrote:
>> Vegas to NYC is about 4,000 km and there isn't a lot of density west of Chicago. You might want to bring some camping gear to spend some time in the national parks. Zion (where Bryce Canyon is) is right on the way, and you can run North through Salt Lake City into Yellowstone if you have time for the detour.
> How does that actually work? Are there designated camping areas, like we have over here, or are you just allowed to set up a tent anywhere?
In National Forests, you can camp anywhere not already in use by cattle
grazers.
In National Parks, you have to camp in designated campsites.   There is
usually a $5 per night fee.
Often it is on an honor system.  You place your $5 in an envelope and
slide it into a metal box.
>   Wouldn't I have to worry about serial killers and grizley bears walking around, or have I been watching too much movies?? :)

Many of the squirrels carry Bubonic Plague -- so, don't feed them.   :)

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Stewart+Dickson  http://www.ifp.uiuc.edu/~sdickson
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/MathArt_siteMap.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16327007@N08
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/author.html?author=Stewart+Dickson