[hackerspaces] gmc's tour of US hackerspaces (was Re: Hippie Hacker Tour 010)

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:55:20 CEST 2010

  I'm still puzzling over the whole concept of Viral Media.  I succumbed
to the first wave of Internet Pronoia in 1995.
But, I never experienced my bubble.

Cory Doctorow's "Makers" -- the Inspiration for the MakerSpace-Urbana
<http://www.makerspaceu.org>
Is more or less about my life, except -- And I have been professionally
into Digital Sculpture since 1991 --
I can't make a living -- even in an abandoned WalMart -- by making
sculpture and selling it to collectors on-line.

So, my list of links is partly to solve the problem of forgetting
where-all I've posted stuff.
And, yeah, partly to seed the noosphere, to engineer a meme that might
carry forward my work.

I put it at the end.
Hope it wasn't too annoying.

-S