[hackerspaces] Hacker TV Station

Brain Tank thebraintank at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 04:53:24 CEST 2010

We're currently looking for the most legal way possible to do this in
Rhode Island. The idea of using a HAMTV setup is probably not a good
idea I agree. However. I've been looking at LPTV licensing and it
seems fairly interesting. There's a pretty large maker community here
with a few hacker types scattered here and there. If contacting the
FCC is as bad as you say it is well I guess we're SOL. It would be
fairly easy to clip already aired shows from hacker type tv shows and
just stream it like a channel. I would like to be able to then
transmit over the air and take advantage of the Necessary Carry law.
Or whatever it's called where class A stations need to retransmit your
signal. The only issue I can see hardware wise is turning our signal
into proper DTV QAM.
Any ideas? A tv station web based or physical or both would be an
excellent ignorance repellent.