[hackerspaces] The Club-Mate Design Pattern, now for US Hackerspaces!

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 18:45:19 CEST 2010

So we finally tried some Club Mate at Defcon. It has a pleasant taste
and does indeed keep you awake for a long time. It is bottled in
Germany, and the logo is a scary dude wearing a crooked hat. We were a
little nervous at first, as the German guy who dropped it off at the
"Security Goon" operations center departed without drinking any
himself. While there was a small chance that we had been given bottles
of horse pee to drink, we went for it anyway.

It's not as root-tasting as traditional Mate from Argentina, and only
a little sweet.  I conclude that the Euro success of Club Mate is
based on the "crystal meth" business model. As in "First one is free,
second one's on me. You'll be back, junkie!"

Definitely would work in a hacker space. Here is the web site, BTW:

http://www.club-mate.de/cws/php/site3.html

Arclight
23B Shop
http://shop.23b.org