[hackerspaces] one question

albi albi at squat.net
Tue Oct 27 23:59:26 CET 2009

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> I visited the dojo and I was curious about something.
> At the moment I have a day job and live alone, so I can do my auxiliary/future hacking at home.
> What sort of advantages might someone like me get from Hacker Dojo membership?
> Is there a level of communication / services / networking / equipment that might be beneficial?
> I hack software.

I guess it's a personal thing.

I'm pretty anti-social myself the last few years, and besides that the 2
hacklabs i've been involved in both are without a physical space for
quite some time now,

but.. i clearly remember who (and where) taught me to use secure copy on
the command-line!

And that is for me a much more joyful memory to have than memories of
learning certain things just by myself sitting at home.

I do miss those places from time to time, very much, if only for sharing
ideas, getting to know new software, getting inspired by some other
people, and perhaps feeling accepted by those who are kind of similar to
you.