[hackerspaces] one question

webzeug at gbks.net webzeug at gbks.net
Wed Oct 28 07:18:00 CET 2009

Though some people theorize and emphasize too much about people, one thing's
for sure: You broaden your horizon on many levels. You'll see new ways how to
do things. at least hacking is about creating (mis-)applying cool tech. But
through interaction with other hackers, your hacking time can be much more
productive. Or one the other hand much less, if you get too (meta-)involved
in all the social/orga-stuff. *scnr*
But there's often a time, where you stuck on your level and cannot improve
your skills on your own. And there a community/space boost you often enough
to new heights.
concrete examples? better your understandings of device drivers or embedded
systems with building a microcontroller board and toy with its applications.
People can often get you interesting job possibilities if you wanna explore
new fields. picking locks will show you, that hacking can be done on the
analog level too, or someone can help you, if you loose your key. You might
enjoy to work in softwareprojects, which could help your hackerspace (there's
only so much you can imagine als a lone person) or even have fun teaching
other people in softwarehacking. Or perhaps they have a faster cluster than
you or satellite access, which could come in handy.
and if anything don't work, you have a good disguise and point to start when
some network node is veeery interesting :]
Whatever it is, i bet you'll like it (at least the practical/hands on
aspects)  :)

hf, angora.