[hackerspaces] Working on setting up my space

Tim Krabec tkrabec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:08:47 CEST 2009

I not only have an accountant, but I have an attorney. Some space(small &
not official) and a few people who are willing to get started.  I now need
to start getting everything in order and start having some meetings, then
get some real space.

I understand all spaces are different.  I just feel that a 501c3 is much
nicer for options in the future.  donations, grants, getting equipment from
companies, etc.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) <
nick at hackerspaces.org> wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> This is the working draft of HacDC's application.  (I just found out
> it's actually linked to Hive 13's):
>
> http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Form_1023_Draft
>
> I believe Noisebridge has their full document package, including some
> correspondence with the IRS posted somewhere online, but I can't find
> it in my brief search for it...
>
> As a side note, I also want to reiterate Seth's point: Each
> Hackerspace is different, has different needs, goals, aims, etc...and
> needs to build an organization.  I like to think that Hackerspaces in
> general are growing, evolving and seeking new forms and ways of
> forming that haven't even been thought of yet.  Evolving and
> diversifying is perhaps the best way to ensure a sustainable future
> for what we've got going here.
>
> I think it's fabulous that you 1) Have an accountant and 2) Are having
> the discussion with your accountant on the proper organizational form
> for your group.  Great work!  Looking forward to hearing the story of
> your formation!
>
> Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
> Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866)
> 536-2616 | 8B13F204
>

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:19, Tim Krabec <tkrabec at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Id like to get a copy of some one's IRS Form1023, my accountant is
> leaning
> > towards a 501c6 or c7 vs the c3.  I'd like to get more info to her.
> >
> > Tim

Tim Krabec
Kracomp
772-597-2349