[hackerspaces] Working on setting up my space

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Thu Oct 22 21:04:39 CEST 2009

Hey Tim,

This is the working draft of HacDC's application.  (I just found out
it's actually linked to Hive 13's):

http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Form_1023_Draft

I believe Noisebridge has their full document package, including some
correspondence with the IRS posted somewhere online, but I can't find
it in my brief search for it...

As a side note, I also want to reiterate Seth's point: Each
Hackerspace is different, has different needs, goals, aims, etc...and
needs to build an organization.  I like to think that Hackerspaces in
general are growing, evolving and seeking new forms and ways of
forming that haven't even been thought of yet.  Evolving and
diversifying is perhaps the best way to ensure a sustainable future
for what we've got going here.

I think it's fabulous that you 1) Have an accountant and 2) Are having
the discussion with your accountant on the proper organizational form
for your group.  Great work!  Looking forward to hearing the story of
your formation!

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866)
536-2616 | 8B13F204