[hackerspaces] status of this list

Hellekin O. Wolf (/tmp/lab) hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Fri May 15 01:17:59 CEST 2009

On Thu 2009-05-14 at 19:08:48 -0400, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Simplicity is great.  I don't disagree.  And if "Be excellent to each other"
> was enough I wouldn't have brought this up as an issue.  I think we need
> something more, and the past few days are the evidence I would submit of
> that.  This is a new list and it's important to set the proper tone early
> on.  We don't need valuable members of the hackerspace community dropping
> off of the list in frustration.
>
> -Matt

*** From what I've read so far, I see that you and another person are in
favor of pro-active moderation, while the rest are against any form of a
priori censorship. Either, as Paul suggested, you take responsibility for
it, or I guess we should drop the case.

We're way beyond Johannes' stimulation for political consciousness into
active political action (either way: for or against censorship/moderation,
i.e. "discussion" vs. "conversation"). I don't think there's more need to
discuss the matter: you want moderation, you take care of it, otherwise,
just skip it and we resume to something else.

My €.02. General opinion being along the way of towo and webmind et al. DIY

==
hk, ready to drop off of the list in frustration ;o)

j/k

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM, webmind <webmind at puscii.nl> wrote:

 |_/H\_|     http://hackerspaces.org/                | |o| |
 [_xSx_]     irc://irc.freenode.net/hackerspaces     | | |o|
 ! \O/ !     xmpp:hellekin at hackerspaces.org          |o|o|o|
 :  :  :