[hackerspaces] Thread to move: Hacking the Spaces

Matt Joyce mdjoyce at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:53:10 CEST 2009

  The problem isn't with theory or discussion.  It's with people who don't
understand how to formulate arguments and present them in a fashion that is
courteous and respectful to all.  During the conversation regarding the
article Johannes published there was a sudden surge of ad hominem attacks
and general fallacy.  What's worse is that no moderator stepped in to
silence the deluge of crap mails.  Discussions are generally moderated and a
certain level of decorum is expected of all involved.  While I don't expect
debate rules and clear adherence to the rules of logic, I do expect people
to at least treat people as they themselves expect to be treated.

  If you would like a flood list that isn't concerned with having
discussions that's fine.  But I can assure you the vast majority of us on
this list will want no part of it.

Regards,

   Matt