[hackerspaces] Thread to move: Hacking the Spaces

Kris Gesling krisgesling at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:30:09 CEST 2009

I don't understand how attempting to have a discussion is childish bullshit.
I also find it worrying when people are all against censorship until theres
a view they dont support. Granted there were like 50 emails around the topic
but now everyones had their say all thats left is another 100 about there
being too many emails.

If you don't want to read it then don't, I think clicking delete on a couple
of emails is much easier and more open than some group of people having to
moderate the entire list. How would we elect moderators anyway? It seems
that there are some people, myself included, who liked the discussion so if
they were allowed to moderate then the 'childish bullshit' would continue.

I really can't believe the shit storm that has grown out of this but maybe
its because im used to dealing with hundreds of emails a day already, I just
thought this was a normal occurance. I don't see a theory list working as I
don't know where to separate ideas, having children in the space for example
will have both theoretical and practical implications.