[hackerspaces] Starting a Hackerspace - Buffalo NY

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:54:03 CEST 2009

Christopher,

I'd say that you just need to find 1-3 people with interests compatible to
yours and a little extra money.  If one person wants a space to get away
from his kids while he's programming and someone else needs a place to work
on his Jeep, you can probably get a combination office/warehouse space at a
good price.  Once you actually do it, people will start showing up to your
events.

With a shaky economy and companies moving out to cheaper areas and overseas,
you're in a good time to negotiate rent and terms.  Just make sure you have
a couple of people who can float the expenses without a big group being
there just yet.

Arclight